One use of a knowledge base is that of a cache - quickly referencing information you have seen or worked with before.
The most important properties of an effective cache:
- fast referencing (of an existing note)
- fast writing (of a new note)
- fast updating (of existing notes)
Dendron is ideally suited for this knowledge-as-a-cache use case.
- Dendron lookups provide fast reading/writing of both new and existing notes
- Dendron schemas help structure your knowledge even as you accumulate more notes
You can see a public example of what this might look like on Kevin’s project reference hierarchy. He keeps public reference notes on projects he’s used.
Some things to note:
- when using your notes as a cache, you might have duplicate content from other sites. be aware of copyright laws and check that you can re-publish said content
- when re-publishing content, google will penalize your site if you have duplicate content from other sites. you can tell google to not index specific pages or hierarchies
- set noindexByDefault to true in your site hierarchy specific config