- My wife, Ilana Lin, drew a comic for this week’s release. Follow her on instagram and she might draw more comics for Dendron 😇
This week’s release comes with improved references as well as better tooling around pods and snippets.
Dendron’s pretty refs help you identify when content is embedded from elsewhere and provide links back to the source.
Dendron allows you to reference content from other notes and embed them in your current note.
Currently, Dendron supports 3 types of references:
- note references
- block references
- block range references
References have the following syntax
(( ref: [[ NAME_OF_NOTE ]] # name of note, required #STARTING_HEADER # optional :#ENDING_HEADER # optional ))
- NOTE: Dendron has a
Copy Note Refcommand that will copy the reference of the current note.
The Dendron CLI lets you access a subset of Dendron’s functionality inside the terminal, including the ability to import/export your notes.
We also released the Dendron Snippet Maker, a standalone extension that comes bundled with Dendron which helps you create snippets from the current selected text.
These release notes are summary of the more notable changes, for the full list, please look at our CHANGELOG
Dendron now has a its own CLI that you can run standalone from the Dendron plugin.
npm install -g @dendronhq/dendron-cli
dendron-cli <command> Commands: dendron-cli backfill backfill frontmatter dendron-cli build-site build static site dendron-cli exportPod export a pod dendron-cli importPod import a pod Options: --version Show version number [boolean] --help Show help [boolean]
- Run export pod using cli
- Run import pod using cli
- Run backfill using cli
- Import using cli not initialized in certain cases
- shortcuts: none
Update your pod configuration
- Use consistent interface for import/export
Additional additional options on export
- Deal with
.when importing directories
- Add config to specify pretty refs
- Update bad links
- Fix ref display on published site
- Create ref with anchor if selected
- Render refs in container
- Bad ref resolution
- Friendlier default settings
A bunch of our fellow Dendronites have published notes using Dendron. You can check it at the showcase.
We’ve also created a new role -> @Planter :man_farmer::woman_farmer: , to recognize folks who have published using Dendron.
If you have a site you would like to showcase, please ping Kevin (email@example.com) or edit the showcase page directly and adding your site :)
Last and most of all, a big thanks to the following gardeners that brought up issues, contributions, and fixes to this release.
- giving us the dendron emoji
- updating various Dendron docs
- raise copy issue when publishing a dendron vault
- contribute new default completion settings for Dendron
- Daria Vasyukova
- updating docs
- suggest better block refs
- suggest block refs autocomplete
- Mr. Lightbulb